Hooked on Cycling understands and respects the importance of your privacy.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do come back to review this Policy regularly.
HOW WILL WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- Purchasing products
- Booking items into our workshop
- Bike fitting services
- Submit a contact form
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- When you speak to any of our team
- Submit a review or customer testimonial
HOW WE USE AND RETAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may retain your name, email addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers (where provided) and use it for the following purposes:
- to send you notifications and communicate with you generally;
- to contact you about special offers, forthcoming events, or surveys (if you do not wish to receive such communications, you may ask us in writing (by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time not to receive them);
- to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing or other services;
- to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority;
- to disclose to organisations who act as “data processors” that perform business functions on our behalf (some of whom could be located outside the UK/EEA, where controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country) and use the information for analysis including monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends. Such business functions may include but are not limited to the provision feedback services, administration, business management, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, dispute resolution, re-organisation/structuring of our business, customer care services, credit checking and debt collection services. These organisations may contact you directly in relation to Hooked on Cycling;
If we collect detailed personal information during the bike fitting process that is “Sensitive Personal Data”, it shall only be used in providing your bike fit and we will not retain it unless we specifically obtain your consent to do so for use in future bike fittings; if we wish to use it for any other purpose, we will specify the reason(s) to you and again seek your positive consent.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
WHAT CAN I DO?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at Hooked on Cycling, 17B Glasgow Road, Bathgate, EH48 2AB or by email at email@example.com.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of the request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however, as a result, we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
You can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time by writing to us at Hooked on Cycling, 17B Glasgow Road, Bathgate, EH48 2AB or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consent to join our email database to receive our email newsletters, then we may collect your name, country of residence and information about your preferences in addition to your email address. This information will be used to send you the email newsletters and to create a profile of our user base.
We may conduct small surveys via email. If you wish to take part in any such survey, we will only use the information you provide via the survey for the purposes specified in the survey.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our email newsletter service you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions in the newsletter or by emailing email@example.com.
We use tracking software to record anonymously the progress of visitors to our website, so as to better understand their needs and thus improve our site. The software records the pages users visit while browsing the site, and also the following information: browser capabilities; network properties; language; city and country (which are inferred from your internet protocol (IP) address, though your IP address is not passed on to us. This information is retained and used for analysis by our external marketing or database consultants.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.